Click here to see the gallery
who are we?
Family owned and operated, Hornsey Moving and Storage has been serving the Riverbend for over a century.
Established in Alton, Illinois in 1917, today we are located in Wood River, Illinois.
what do we do?
We service residential and light commercial customers.
Area served include southwest Illinois and eastern Missouri, centered in the St. Louis metropolitan area, but we can also perform long distance moves.
We specialize in handling pianos.
We also offer packing and storage of items.
If requested, estimates are available and are free of charge.
where are we?
We are located at:
360 E. Ferguson Ave.
Wood River, IL. 62095
how to get started?
Whether you are moving with us, another mover, or doing it yourself, these tips will make the process smoother and safer.
The earlier you book your move, the better. Call us about six to eight weeks before your intended moving date to set up an estimate.
If you decide to use us for your move, please schedule the move at least four weeks before your intended moving date. This is important, especially in the summer, when we are the busiest.
- To assure the safety of your possessions, they must be properly packed. We can do this properly for extra charge. However if you want to do this yourself. Items should be packed as follows:
- Almost all items that can fit in a box should be in one. A lot of loose items take much longer to move than if they were in a stack of boxes that could be moved all at once with a dolly (or hand truck as they are also known).
- Items in the box should be surrounded with a packing material, and breakables should be completely cushioned by packing material to prevent damage. Empty space should be filled with packing material or other warped up items.
- Make sure boxes are filled up to the lid. Boxes that are heavier are placed on the bottom of the tier of boxes in the truck, and have to take the weight of other boxes. If the box is half full, it will probably collapse.
- Detailed instructions and tips can be found at Moving.com: Packing Like a Pro.
- Make sure areas for walking are cleared and appliances, computers, lawn equipment, and any such items that are going are prepared for the move.
For more tips and answers to any and all questions, see just ask us at any point before or during the move!
Follow us on Facebook:
State Identification Number: IL C.C. 12585 M.C.C.